GOSPEL PROJECT: Unit 10, Session 6: David Sinned and Was Restored
This week learned about God’s unending forgiveness that David experienced and we can too because of Jesus. David sinned against God by taking Bathsheba away from Uriah and having Uriah killed in combat, but when God sent Nathan to confront him about his sin, David repented and God forgave him. David’s sin came with a price though, as sin always does.
In the same way, we can receive God’s forgiveness too because God sent His Son, Jesus, to pay the price for our sin. Jesus died the death we deserve so that we could be made right with God. He has brought us out of a state of death in sin to an eternal state of LIFE in Him!
Help your kids understand that sin is serious and that God has not promised to spare us from its consequences. At the same time, point out the love, mercy, and grace of God that we experience because of Jesus and how in Jesus we have been completely forgiven of all our sin. God loves us soooo much!
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
○ Jesus is our King.
○ David made a wrong choice.
○ David asked God to forgive him, and God forgave David.
○ God forgives us through His Son, Jesus.
○ Who is our King? Jesus is our King forever.
○ God forgave David.
○ Who is our King? Jesus is our King forever, and He rules over the world.
○ God forgave David when he repented of his sin.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Psalm 47:7-8 (Preschool: Psalm 47:7)
● “Solomon Asked for Wisdom” (1 Kings 2:1-4,10-12; 3:1-15)