We have the opportunity to make a difference for refuges from Ukraine. Through Graceland Canada (an organization working in Poland) we can help them meet the needs of the many Ukrainian refuges in their country.
Graceland Canada and USA and Poland are currently helping in the following ways. . .
1) Taking financial donations from Canadians/Americans and forwarding them to frontline workers here in Poland (we’re acting as the middleman)
2) Supporting a church just a few km from the border who are sleeping 200 and feeding 300+ per day (they impress us because they moved their worship services to the cultural centre in order to house refugees)
3) Financially supporting the extended family of a Graceland student family who had to flee and leave husbands behind. These women left with nothing but a suitcase and their kids. We are providing them with cash for purchasing necessities. It is our plan to support this family longer term. They are currently looking for an apartment, and it’s our hope to provide rent for them for a few months until they get settled.
4) Financially supporting women and children refugees currently “living” in the train station refugee shelter by giving them envelopes with cash. We are using this as a teaching opportunity for a young woman we are mentoring. She goes to the train station to hand out food and supplies with her youth group, and we are entrusting her with these envelopes. She is so excited to do this and is blown away by how the Lord is moving — this is simply a gift of love.
5) We have a student who is taking people into her home and we are helping with finances if/when she needs it. She had a couple of women with her for 2 weeks, they have now moved on to Germany.
6) Once our intern leaves, we will make our small Annex apartment available to a refugees as a transitional place—it’s not suitable for long-term living, or for families and it can only be used until the end of summer when we have more teachers who need housing (which is now at a premium).
After April 10th:
Donations for refugees from Ukraine can be sent via Interac email transfer to: email@example.com, designated Project 94. The only administrative cost is the bank transfer fees. Our treasurers, Bonnie Eadle and Susan LaCount are forwarding the refugee money with the money they usually transfer to Graceland, so the bank fees are coming out of our General Fund thereby leaving 100% of the funds donated available for the relief effort.