Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service.
Check in here before the service starts to print off activity pages related to our sermon, sing fun, action-packed songs, and view a weekly story video which corresponds with each Sunday’s teaching.
Be sure to also check out our weekly Challenge!
June 13, 2021
We are taking a break from the book of Mark and starting off our summer series. The series kicks off with the theme “Get in Shape” and this week is all about nutrition. I’m sure you know what it feels like to be hungry for food. Did you know that the Bible compares that feeling to being hungry for God? Our bodies need food to be healthy and grow, and it is the same thing with our spirits. Watch this week’s video below to learn more!
This Week’s Video: Hungry for God
Get up, sing and move along!
Activity Pages for This Week’s Service
Psst! Father’s Day is coming up next week!
Get a jump start on something special for dad with the printables below!
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished coloring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Challenge: Sweeter than Honey
Almost everyone loves to taste something sweet! A sweet treat is a delight. Yum! Did you know that in the book of Psalms we read about the sweetness of honey? Check out the verses below:
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. Psalm 19:9b-10
These verses say that the word of God is sweet – even sweeter than honey! Your challenge this week is to create a bee! You can do this by drawing or by building with playdough, lego, craft supplies or anything else you can think of. As you make your creation think about these questions:
1. What makes God’s word sweet?
2. How is God’s word not only sweet, but sweeter than honey?
Share pictures/videos in our kids Facebook Group or email us at email@example.com.
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.