Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service, or give you ideas and options for seeking God together with your family throughout the week.
Ready to explore?
December 3, 2023
This week is so exciting because Christmas is coming and we are entering the season of Advent! Wait…what is “advent” anyway? And what does it have to do with Christmas? Watch this week’s video below to learn all about it! Then check out our activity pages below on this week’s advent theme: HOPE!
Get up, sing and move along!
This Week’s Bible Story: What is Advent?
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished coloring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.