Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service.
Check in here before the service starts to print off activity pages related to our sermon, sing fun, action-packed songs, and view a weekly story video which corresponds with each Sunday’s teaching.
November 29, 2020
We are beginning our journey of Advent! There are four weeks left until Christmas and we want to take time to think about, learn, celebrate and rejoice in each of these gifts from God: Hope, Peace, Joy and Love. How do they connect with Christmas? Watch this weeks video below to get started!
This Week’s Video: Hope
Get up, sing and move along!
Activity Pages for Sunday Morning
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished coloring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Challenge – A Poem
This week we are taking time to think about Hope and how it connects to Christmas. Before the coming of Christ, our world was full of sin and heartache. People all over the world felt that something was missing – something important. They put their hope into scripture, which told of the coming of a Messiah, the Son of God. And He came!! One dark, starry night, in a stable in Bethlehem Jesus was born. Jesus brought light to the darkness and would bring healing for everyone’s hearts, filling the missing space. He would restore connection to God!
Your challenge this week is to write a little poem about “hope” using each letter of the word. You can print out the page below or just get out a piece of paper and start writing! When you’re done, pray and tell God what you hope for this Christmas, thanking Him for coming to fill our empty hearts.
Printable PDF Version: Hope Poem Template
Share pictures/videos in our kids Facebook Group or email us at email@example.com.
Scripture ABC’s Challenge 2020
It’s here! The Scripture ABC’s Challenge 2020! We have put together a list of verses that start with each letter of the alphabet. (We’ve even included some of our church members’ favorite verses!) This is a fun way to memorize God’s word and keep it stored up in your heart for easy, quicker-than-a-Bible-app access! Memorize and earn a prize when we meet together again!
To earn a prize, there are four options:
- Say the verses to your parents who can send us a message.
- Make a video of you saying the verses and send to us or upload to our Facebook page.
- Say the verses to your teacher over the phone (email us and we will arrange a time to make contact).
- Say the verses to us when we are back meeting together again!
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook at gpcofckids.
PDF version to print: Scripture ABCs 2020
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.