Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service.
Check in here before the service starts to print off activity pages related to our sermon, sing fun, action-packed songs, and view a weekly story video which corresponds with each Sunday’s teaching.
This Week’s Story – Joseph Part 2 (May 31, 2020)
Get up, sing and move along!
(We will be singing the first two in our online service this week!)
Activity Pages for Sunday Morning
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished colouring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creativity Challenge – God Loves You to Pieces!
Joseph certainly had some hard times in his life, but despite the hardships God never left him and never changed his plan! He fulfilled all he had promised! God’s love never changes.
Your Creativity Challenge this week is to fill a heart! Print a copy of ours God-Loves-You-to-Pieces-Printable, or draw your own, then fill it with pieces of colored paper, tissue paper, or anything else you can think of! Another idea is to color it in with different colors and patterns, then cut it into puzzle pieces and give it to a family member to solve! They will see the message that God loves them to pieces too! Share pics of your art on our kids Facebook Group or email us at email@example.com.
Scripture ABC’s Challenge 2020
It’s here! The Scripture ABC’s Challenge 2020! We have put together a list of verses that start with each letter of the alphabet. (We’ve even included some of our church members’ favorite verses!) This is a fun way to memorize God’s word and keep it stored up in your heart for easy, quicker-than-a-Bible-app access! Memorize and earn a prize when we meet together again!
To earn a prize, there are four options:
- Say the verses to your parents who can send us a message.
- Make a video of you saying the verses and send to us or upload to our Facebook page.
- Say the verses to your teacher over the phone (email us and we will arrange a time to make contact).
- Say the verses to us when we are back meeting together again!
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook at gpcofckids.
PDF version to print: Scripture ABCs 2020
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.