Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service.
Check in here before the service starts to print off activity pages related to our sermon, sing fun, action-packed songs, and view a weekly story video which corresponds with each Sunday’s teaching.
March 7, 2021
Jesus travels down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis (this means “ten cities”). A man is brought to Him who can’t speak or talk! Can you imagine what that would be like? But this man is in for a REAL TREAT! Watch this week’s video below and imagine what it would be like to be him!
This Week’s Video: Jesus Heals a Deaf and Mute Man (Mark 7:31-37)
Get up, sing and move along!
Activity Pages for Sunday Morning
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished coloring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at email@example.com.
Challenge: Sign It!
Imagine what it would be like to be the man in this week’s story. He couldn’t hear and could barely speak! I wonder how long he had lived like this. Jesus saw him and wanted to help him. He took the man aside, away from the crowd, and healed him! Can you imagine if the first thing you ever heard was the sound of Jesus’s voice? Wow, what a treat! I’m sure that man’s life was changed from that moment on, not just in being able to hear and speak, but in knowing the Great Healer, Jesus!For those who cannot hear or speak, they often will learn sign language so they can still communicate. Your challenge this week is to learn a key memory verse from today’s story, and some sign language that goes along with it. You will be able to speak the verse with your mouth and also your hands! This is the verse:
People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.” Mark 7:37
Below are the signs for some of the key words. Click on the link to see the sign performed. (taken from Danielle’s Place)
1. People – Hands in front of you pointing with forefinger forward and thumb pressing against forefinger. Move fingers in a circle.
2. Done – Arms bent with hands in front of your chest palms toward your body with fingers spread apart and then turn your hands out to show your palms with fingers still spread.
3. Everything – Hands in fits with thumbs up move fist to center with one fits under the other and then open hands and move them out again.
4. They – Point forward and then to the side with one hand
5. He – Arm to the side with forearm up and pointing up. Move pointing hand to the side slightly and then back.
6. Deaf – Point to your ear and then your chin.
7. Hear – arms to side with one forearm up and thumb and next to fingers up and spread out, move the hand toward your ear while bending the find down to form an ear shape.
8. Speak – Hands in front of you with palms facing your and finger out. Move your fingers and then make fists.
Share pictures/videos in our kids Facebook Group or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scripture ABC’s Challenge 2020
It’s here! The Scripture ABC’s Challenge 2020! We have put together a list of verses that start with each letter of the alphabet. (We’ve even included some of our church members’ favorite verses!) This is a fun way to memorize God’s word and keep it stored up in your heart for easy, quicker-than-a-Bible-app access! Memorize and earn a prize when we meet together again!
To earn a prize, there are four options:
- Say the verses to your parents who can send us a message.
- Make a video of you saying the verses and send to us or upload to our Facebook page.
- Say the verses to your teacher over the phone (email us and we will arrange a time to make contact).
- Say the verses to us when we are back meeting together again!
You can contact us at email@example.com or find us on Facebook at gpcofckids.
PDF version to print: Scripture ABCs 2020
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.