Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service.
Check in here before the service starts to print off activity pages related to our sermon, sing fun, action-packed songs, and view a weekly story video which corresponds with each Sunday’s teaching.
September 19, 2021
After a summer of different topics, we are jumping back into the book of Mark this month!
The religious teachers at the time did not believe that Jesus was the Son of God. In fact, they didn’t WANT to believe He was the Son of God because they were worried about losing their power over the people. And so, from time to time, they would try to trap Jesus by asking him questions. They hoped that he would give a wrong answer and so prove to everyone that He wasn’t the Son of God. Well, we all know that He actually WAS the Son of God, so He always had a perfect answer for their sneaky questions. Watch the video below to learn about what the religious teachers asked in Mark 12:13-17, and how Jesus answered.
This Week’s Video: Whose Is It?
Get up, sing and move along!
Activity Pages for This Week
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished coloring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at email@example.com.
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.