Welcome to our Church of Christ Kids Corner!
Each week we are gathering resources here to help engage your whole family in our Sunday morning live stream service, or give you ideas and options for seeking God together with your family throughout the week.
Ready to explore?
June 4, 2023
Last week we learned the story of Nicodemus, a religious leader, coming to Jesus at night to find out more about who He was. We saw Jesus teach Nicodemus about being born again in his spirit, and then Jesus shared one of the most famous verses from the Bible for all believers: John 3:16-17.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.“
Jesus wanted Nicodemus to truly believe that He was God’s son, and that He did not come to bring judgement for sin, but saving from it! This is a wonderful verse for everyone who follows Jesus to have in their hearts. It shows God’s great love for us, His sacrifice, and the free gift of eternal life with Him for all who believe. And that’s the GOSPEL!
In our story video today we learn more about what John 3:16-17 means by seeing how Jesus lived it out. Watch the video below to see it play out!
Get up, sing and move along!
This Week’s Bible Story: John 3:16
Printable PDF Versions: Activity Page 1 / Activity Page 2 / Activity Page 3 / Coloring Page / Color a Verse
We’d love to see your art! Feel free to post any finished coloring/crafts/worksheets to the Facebook group or email them to us at email@example.com.
Memory Verse Games and Activities
We’ve collected some fun games and activities to help with memorizing verses below. You can even create your own activity pages!
- Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on a whiteboard. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
- Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order. For an additional challenge, hide the papers around the room. As children find them they can being to place them in the correct order.
- Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on a whiteboard or piece of paper. Children then try to write the verse.
- Ping Pong—A child calls out the first phrase of a verse, then someone else calls back the second phrase, and so forth.
- Make a word search using all the words in the verse. (Easily create a word search you can print, play online, and share with friends here: Word Search Maker )
- Hot Potato—Sit on the floor across from each other or in a circle, depending on how many are playing. The first child says the first word of the verse and rolls a ball to anyone in the circle. The child receiving the ball says the second word of the verse and so on.
- Picture It—Have the children write the verse, drawing as many pictures for the words as possible.
- Double up with printing or cursive handwriting practice by creating templates of the verses for children to copy. Worksheet Works has an easy generator that can create worksheets for any stage your child is at.
Watch this new video from Rhonda which not only introduces our website, but shows how to create your own activity pages in Word Search Maker and Worksheet Works.