God provided an opportunity to directly support Ukrainian refugees in Poland, and you were faithful to answer his call! Let us continue praying for Ukraine. Let us also be praying for God to open our eyes and hearts for the next way he wants to use us.
We have the opportunity to make a difference for refuges from Ukraine. Through Graceland Canada (an organization working in Poland) we can help them meet the needs of the many Ukrainian refuges in their country.
Graceland Canada and USA and Poland are currently helping in the following ways. . .
1) Taking financial donations from Canadians/Americans and forwarding them to frontline workers here in Poland (we’re acting as the middleman)
2) Supporting a church just a few km from the border who are sleeping 200 and feeding 300+ per day (they impress us because they moved their worship services to the cultural centre in order to house refugees)
3) Financially supporting the extended family of a Graceland student family who had to flee and leave husbands behind. These women left with nothing but a suitcase and their kids. We are providing them with cash for purchasing necessities. It is our plan to support this family longer term. They are currently looking for an apartment, and it’s our hope to provide rent for them for a few months until they get settled.
4) Financially supporting women and children refugees currently “living” in the train station refugee shelter by giving them envelopes with cash. We are using this as a teaching opportunity for a young woman we are mentoring. She goes to the train station to hand out food and supplies with her youth group, and we are entrusting her with these envelopes. She is so excited to do this and is blown away by how the Lord is moving — this is simply a gift of love.
5) We have a student who is taking people into her home and we are helping with finances if/when she needs it. She had a couple of women with her for 2 weeks, they have now moved on to Germany.
6) Once our intern leaves, we will make our small Annex apartment available to a refugees as a transitional place—it’s not suitable for long-term living, or for families and it can only be used until the end of summer when we have more teachers who need housing (which is now at a premium).
After April 10th:
Donations for refugees from Ukraine can be sent via Interac email transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org, designated Project 94. The only administrative cost is the bank transfer fees. Our treasurers, Bonnie Eadle and Susan LaCount are forwarding the refugee money with the money they usually transfer to Graceland, so the bank fees are coming out of our General Fund thereby leaving 100% of the funds donated available for the relief effort.
Live On Wednesday March 23rd at 7pm! We are going to begin exploring the idea of myths surrounding faith and Christianity and we wanted to start off by talking about the myths that lie around Mental Health. Struggling with depression and anxiety often feels like failure for many people of faith. What stigmas and narratives […]
It is once again the magical time for us to get together and eat pie! We will also discuss the finances of the church. We are meeting on Sunday March 20th at 7pm to share the financial state of the church, and you can also bring forward any questions you have. We end the evening […]
As we approach our day of prayer and fasting, Chris shares a quick explanation about fasting.
As Scott shares an invitation to be a part of the Day of Prayer and Fasting on March 12th, he talks about the importance of taking time to listen for God’s voice.
We are calling everyone to be a part of a day of fasting and prayer on Saturday, March 12th from 10-330. Check out this video for more information.
Andrew Watson recommends this book as a great resource to help you grow from our Ways To Grow resources. “I know Brad Jersak personally and can attest to his aptitude when it comes to simplifying the process of hearing the voice of God. I find it so easy to complicate this vital process by talking […]
Here is another great resource from our Ways to Grow list. The Bible Project makes videos that help you more clearly understand the Word of God. This particular series will help you learn what the Bible is, and how to read the different styles of literature. What is the Bible Video
A short article from one of our Grow Up and Make a Difference resources available at Ways To Grow. It is from the site Christians Who Curse Sometimes, a site devoted to helping Christians deepen their faith. 5 Ways Christians Can Love Those With Different Political Views